All Saints Church and
St Christopher's Church
Boughton Aluph, Kent
Lambeth Palace, London SE1, October 1952
"No-one driving along the road from Chilham to Ashford can fail to observe the massive tower of Boughton Aluph church standing as its eminence to the right of the road. The church has a most impressive exterior and a noble interior. It is a special treasure among all the lovely churches of Kent."
The introduction from a letter written by the then Archbishop of Canterbury (Geoffrey Fisher) in October 1952 in support of the appeal to raise funds to save this beautiful but war-damaged church from collapse.